Future Footprints Occupational Therapy service provides a client-centered approach to therapy. The service aims to develop individual skills and achieve greater independence through supported participation in activities. The Occupational Therapist works with the child and their family, to create a program according to the child’s individual strengths, challenges and goals.
Services may include:
– Fine & gross motor development.
– Kindy, pre-school and school readiness.
– Assistance and support during transitional times (i.e. to school, high school)
– Behavioural, self-esteem and emotional regulation.
– Activities for daily living, including toileting, dressing, showering, grooming & feeding.
– Sensory development.
– Written communication such as handwriting, computer access and use.
– Visual perception development.
– Equipment prescription and recommendations.
– Access to and use of assistive technology.
– Community access and living skills.
In-Centre, Home, School & Kindy visits available!
We can also provide advice and education for parents and caregivers about what they can do at home to facilitate their child’s progress.
For more information on our occupational therapy services, call us on 0400 202 509.